April 05, 2006

Another Update

The Pirate has graciously consented to my showing off his progress so far.

For those of you who are non-knitters: have a cup of tea, talk amongst yourselves, stretch your legs. We'll be back to our regularly scheduled show in a moment.

For those of you who are knitters: Please tell the Pirate what you really think.



Note that I'm not trying to influence what you say... I am confident. Much more confident than the Pirate is, actually, because unfortunately *my* first knitting project has long ago been eaten by the sands of time, or dust bunnies, or something, so I cannot show it to him (he'd feel much better about his own skills if I could do so).

Aren't you jealous? Don't you wish he was yours?


9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

So cruel to taunt us like...

That's really amazing for a first project! Heck, that's amazing for one's first 5 proejcts.

1:53 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Wow! That is a first piece of knitting? Are you sure that *you* didn't knit that?

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is amazing, I am impressed!
4 times I have attempted to learn how to knit and never did I even manage a couple rows.
You could set a hot teapot down on it, you could take something hot out of the oven with it, you could set a vase of flowers on it...how is your football lernin' comin' along? :D
I wonder how hard it would be to knit a skull and crossbones design into a black background...

8:11 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Looks pretty good to me! Much better than my first attempt!

12:48 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

I'm not a knitter, but I think it's FANTASTIC. Much much much much much better than I would have done.

5:55 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

'Kay, I'm not a knitter (well, I'm trying to be, and hopefully after Easter I'll be a knitter-in-training), but...

Pirate, it's awesome! YOU GO!

6:47 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

And hey? What happened to the pixie?

6:47 AM  
Blogger renee said...

EXCELLENT work! I am very impressed! My first project was a dishcloth, so that's obviously gone by the wayside, but my second project was a sweater. And I knit the entire thing wrapping my purls the wrong way, thus twisting the stitches. It's a monument to my inability to knit correctly. So bravo!

6:49 AM  
Blogger pao said...

Pirate:

You deserve a beer.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed