March 31, 2006

Stuff

The Vampire put his Fritos in the refrigerator. On purpose. ???

---------------

The bones in my skull have overlapped a bit more or something, and I now have a ridge down the center of my skull. So. Should I be learning Klingon and shaving my head?

Or should I just be worrying about brain shrinkage? Maybe I should stop putting my head in the dryer when I'm looking for missing socks...

---------------

Who was God's role model?

---------------

When I was little and we were visiting my grandparents, I used to pretend I was asleep when my folks came to get us ready to leave, just so that they would pick me up and hold me for those few seconds while they carried me downstairs. I'm unsure whether that is sweet, shamelessly manipulative, or just sad.

--------------

I felt bad when the Vampire got too big for me to be physically able to carry him when he asked. I held him as long and as often as I could until then.

--------------

I used to feel guilty when the Vampire got sick, because I always rather liked it when he was all dragged out; it was the only time in his life (including infancy) that he wanted to cuddle.

--------------

The Vampire and I always race to be first to get to those thin skims of ice that form over puddles. We each want to be the one to break the ice... even though we are both as likely as not going to end up ankle-deep in muddy icy water, and then squelching through the rest of the day in one soaked shoe and sock.

The Vampire is faster, but I am sneakier, and more treacherous. I lure him towards the deeper puddles.

---------------

I made a big deal about The Cat being the Pirate's pet, and giving her to him as a Father's Day present. The predictable result is that the cat clearly sees herself as primarily my companion, but guess who changes the litter box?

---------------

There wasn't any real point to this blog entry at all, but you still read it. Why?



8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Because it was interesting, amusing, and random. Sort of Tinkish.

Hey, don't you have 25 more things to do in your list of 100?!

3:44 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Julia puts stuff in the fridge too. Like, our mail and her dolly.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Foo said...

Tinkish? Does Herself know she's gone all adjectivian?

So anyway... about the brain shrinkage. When I was a kid and spend a lot of time ramping around out of doors, I'm certain that I could hear my brain sloshing just a bit when I shook my head savagely enough.

But not any more. I'm too old and have too many neck problems to shake my head hard enough to find out if my brain has become sloshier.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Chris~ It was actually thinking of that last 25 (and not feeling up to it at the moment) that led to this entry. :D

Katherine~ I can the dolly... there are times in the summer when cuddling up to something cool sounds wonderful. The mail, though - were they bills?

Foo~ So does that mean that neck problems *prevent* brain damage, or do they *result* from brain damage?

8:51 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I used to pretend to be asleep on Saturday mornings when I was little so my parents would leave me at home when they went out to the local market because I used to like to play with my koala and eat the peanut butter cookies I hid in the wardrobe.

pao says that the cats are all my pets but until recently he cleared the litterbox.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

LOL. That would explain why I loved this post so much!

"Brain Sloshing" Egad woman. That made me cringe!

Sometimes I refuse to wake up off the couch for Hoop, just so he'll carry me to bed. *Blush*

LOVED the puddle blip. We don't have ice and snow. So I forget how much fun it can be.

I love the relationship you and The Vampire have together.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Thanks, Tink!

*I* love the relationship the Vampire and I have together, too... all the more because I had to work for it so much harder than many parents do in the early years (I will write about that some time in the future... remind me!)

~Eileen

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"When I was little and we were visiting my grandparents, I used to pretend I was asleep when my folks came to get us ready to leave, just so that they would pick me up and hold me for those few seconds while they carried me downstairs. I'm unsure whether that is sweet, shamelessly manipulative, or just sad."

Little Bear did that in a very famous Little Bear book, the one where he visited his grandparents. :)

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed