February 19, 2006

Mine, And Not Equine

Just to let you know that I wasn't completely incompetent, here's a couple of my pieces that aren't too bad.



The little dinosaur was my first attempt at color work, I did it all by myself and was very proud. I made the color myself, and layered it (you can't see in the pic, but he has a cobalt blue core with a white stripe down the tummy and tail). The hard part was coating the colored glass with clear glass, and not getting something so totally clumped up that it couldn't be used to make anything recognizable. It's lumpy, but it's sort of cute, and I like it. So there.

The Octopoo/Squidish thingie was done primarily for the purpose of practicing at doing swirly bits relatively smoothly, instead of making something that would cause the observer to fear that I was having a seizure at the time of production. It's not as easy as people like Steve make it look.



This is a dragon of Steve's. The swirling-around-each-other effect is achieved by twisting the color around a clear rod of glass, and then covering the entire with another layer of clear glass. Note how Steve is able to do all this and produce a perfectly smooth surface on the figure. I want to be Steve when I grow up.

Notice that it isn't a horse. Not even a little.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I like the dragon very much.

5:19 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

The Octosquid is too cool. I love the little curls at the ends of his arms.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

I like the dragon's blue eyes and enthusiastic expression. :D

I was fairly proud that I got the Octosquid's legs done without any of them coming out too spazzy... but then I made his eyes all crossed, because I still *felt* spazzy!

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed