February 13, 2006

Olympian Efforts



Yes, I am frogging nearly as much as I'm knitting, thank you very much for noticing... (grumble, mutter, snarl)

On other news fronts, the Pirate is experiencing somewhat of a relapse from his surgery, and the Vampire is experiencing the pangs we've all endured when our love lives and our other commitments interfere with one another.

And The Cat has gas.

So all in all, the entire household is rather glum at the moment.

But I am hopeful that things will look up soon. The Pirate is calling his doctor in the morning, the Vampire has things in the works, the Socks are enjoying watching the Olympic competitions on the telly, and The Cat... well, okay, she is not going to be so happy, since my cure for her intestinal issues will include Tuna Deprivation. But nothing's perfect, right?


7 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

Oh dear! Love the heart shaped basket though. I'm a bit scared of the circular needles so progress is slow on my socks.

I'm sorry to hear about the Pirate's relapse. I hope that things resolve themselves soon.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hope all is well with the Pirate....

Heh, stay clear of that cat!

That yarn is lovely...

6:00 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

Man... The cat having gas is like icing on that bitter cake. And tuna? Damn. When I die I no longer want to come back as my dog but rather your cat. IM not even that spoiled. ;)

7:11 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Mrs. Pao - be bold, show those needles who is boss! (when in doubt, have Mr. Pao scowl at them threateningly, that should whip them into shape)

Chris - Thanks, it *is* pretty, isn't it? It's Trekking XXL, and was the *only* skein in the store of that color. Dammit... I'd have gotten an extra to knit up just in small-gauge stockinette, just to appreciate the color changes.

Where do you get Addi's in 0? Do they come in the longer needle size (the shorter Addi needles hurt my hands, they hit the heel of my hand or something...)

Tink - She tells me that she's not spoiled at all... The Cat doesn't get to eat tuna as a meal at all, but when I open a can of tuna I let her lick the flavor molecules out of the can after I empty it.

We did give her a couple cocktail shrimps a couple weeks ago, and she usually gets a little chicken when we roast one... so I don't think she's what you'd call deprived.

Don't ask her about that, though... she'll suck in her cheeks and tell you something pitiful!
;D

3:36 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Cat farts chalk up second to Husband farts. It's definitely the tuna.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will never forget putting my cats on an oatmeal and egg diet once, briefly, and how small my house began to seem after a few days of this...
8-P

11:41 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Katherine & Sis~ *Definitely* the tuna, although an oatmeal and egg diet would probably beat that hands down. I don't think it would prove environmentally friendly in the Husband Farts, either!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed