February 07, 2006

Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Program...

I apologize for the lengthy hiatus... and for the day or two more that it will be before I can get back to normal blogging. This is due to:

1. Superbowl. We spent it at my folks' house, had lots of nice food (if you want a good recipe from our menu of Munchies, Google 'Heroin Wings'. Trust me...)

2. I don't have Chris' stomach bug, but I do have *some* sort of a thing that is very uncomfortable and is (worse) keeping me up all night. No, it wasn't the Heroin Wings.


Insomnia is only inspiring to me in very limited doses. In this case, it wasn't limited enough. I am singularly uninspired at the moment.

3. The Pirate has got my bug, too, and is by his very Taking A Sick Day presence a serious Distraction. We are getting a lot of watching of the last season of "24" done, but not much else.

Not that I'm complaining about watching Kiefer Sutherland, mind you...


As either punishment or reward for your patience (depending on your point of view), I offer this:



It's the bag I knit/felted for my sister for Christmas. The colors are *entirely* off, not a single color in this photo can be believed. That odd off-white color, for instance, is actually a bright neon green. That weird navy-black color is actually Plum. You get the idea...

It is, however, my one and only adventure in Entrelac (if *I* have anything to say about it), so I want it documented. It Happened. I did it.

(I HATED it, but I did it, and I learned from it. If I wasn't sure before, I am positive now - I *am* a process knitter. Entrelac totally trashes my process. Entrelac is Of The Debbil.)


11 Comments:

Blogger mamatulip said...

Blech, I'm sorry you guys are passing a bug back and forth. Hope it vacates the premesis soon.

I really, really like that bag. It's very smart looking.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbil? I like it ;-)

6:26 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hope you feel better soon! I can sooo sympathize with not being in tip-top form.

Great bag!! But boy, am I glad that my only entrelac experience was limited to a dishcloth. It's a very nice dishcloth.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Feel better soon!! I love the bag. Anything that goes with practically everything is OK in my book.

7:11 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Poor you! I had a tummy bug recently and it is not nice. I wondered if you were ok.

I like the bag but have another question but only if you are up to answering it: what is Entrelac?

Hope you are all feeling much better soon!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

My thanks to all who sent their good wishes... I am not *entirely* recovered, but am getting there. I'm just grateful it wasn't Chris' nasty bug (knocking on my table as I type).

My gratitude to all for the kind reviews on the bag, as well. I actually love the way it *looks* (in the actual colors, rather than the ones in the photo); it was the knitting that I loathed.

Chris~ I bet it *is* a very nice dishcloth! Beautiful, even. But tell the truth - do you have any desire to do Entrelac ever again?

Mrs. Pao~ I don't know if I can describe it adequately. Entrelac is a process where you knit each diamond separately, picking up the stitches along the edge of the diamond below and then knitting an equalish number of rows, and then picking up stitches along the next diamond edge and etc. You end up having to stop and turn and stop and turn so often that I, personally, wanted to ram my needle into my eye in order to have a legitimate excuse to let go of the project entirely. You just can't pick up a rhythm on the da**ed thing... like I said, this is how I learned for certain that I am a Process Knitter all the way!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

LB~ Is it the bag that you like, or the Debbil? ;D

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's just beautiful.
what's B going to carry in it? :)

9:59 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Sis~ Her knitting, of course! :D

11:26 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Ooh entrelac sounds complicated! Thanks for the explanation.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Mrs. Pao~ You are most welcome. Once you do it, it's not all that complex... just really boring and annoying, IMO. Some people love it, I suppose because each diamond is a concrete thing and in and of itself doesn't take too long to complete. I am not one of those people....

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed