January 28, 2006

Chris Rocks (I Don't)


Lookee what I got in the mail today...











No, I didn't get The Cat in the mail. They would just send her back if we tried to get rid of her. There's probably a Postal Service Regulation against sending packages full of Fiendish Ill Will through the USPS.


What I got was a dear little digital camera, thanks to knitting/blogging pal Chris.

Chris Rocks. I Don't, because although I have put together a little box of goodies for the Sweetest Girl In the World, I have let the fact that the Pirate has been using the car for the last two days deter me from visiting the Post Awful in order to send said goodies as promptly as Chris deserves.

I'm just not the kind of gal who braves icy sidewalks and gloom to walk a paltry few miles in order to do so, proving just what kind of friend I am (a lazy one).

I promise that I *will* get the goodie box mailed out on Monday, on the way back from the Vampire's voice lesson.

About The Cat: Her eyes are blue, and so of course Red Eye is a problem... well, that plus I don't have any Photo Shop type program (if that disc you sent was one, Chrisdear, it's unfortunately a Windows Only program, and so won't work on my Mac... that's okay, just having a camera is Good Enough!).

The Cat would probably like it if she could make her eyes look all scary like that in Real Life, but unfortunately they are just a very pretty and mild blue.

Her nose is white... that greyish streak is just a trick of shadow and the way her fur is laying at the moment. That little black spot on the end of it is not white, though... it is a semi-permanent scab, caused by her allergies, which for some reason cause her to lick a little bit too much right in that spot.

She is nesting in her two favorite blankets (the eons-old 'not for company' ones that she's
allowed to sit on).

Shortly afterwards she let me know that she does not approve of flashes.


Now we can talk to the butt...

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Woo-hoo!! It arrived so quickly. No, that cd was the manufacturer's own photo program and is sucked. No loss there. I have a freebie photo editor (FxPhoto) that I use to tweak problematic pictures, crop pictures, and resize pictures (so they're not 1.5 mb of screen-filling hugeness) - I bet there's something comparable out there for the Mac.

Heh - you know this is just so we can share your Olympic adventure! ;)

2:44 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh yeah - I've recently discovered that people love pictures of cat butts, so good job!

2:45 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Hi Eileen. You can reduce red eye using the tools in iPhoto. If you click on the thumbnails, they will become larger individual photos and you'll see a line of options along the bottom. When you put your mouse on the photo it will turn into a little cross and you can click and hold down the mouse butoon to select bits. There is a red-eye reduction function.

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of your photos.

Lovely cat, very scroofable. I know a cat who looks like her but is a hissing harridan.

3:34 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

I saw this and immediately got indignant and huffy. I thought to myself, "Dammit, whenever I try to send chocolate to America it always gets eaten by those bastards at Customs, yet the US Postal Service lets American citizens send cats to one another?"

I kept reading, however, and discovered that you'd gotten a CAMERA in which to take pictures of cats. Cats that were not mailed to you.

VERY COOL, Chris!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a digital camera! cool beans!
thanks, Chris!
looking forward to some photos on your site. is that round furry ball thing banbha? :D

5:30 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm giggling at my keyboard, Mama Tulip! Perhaps you should try mailing a cat? Altho I suppose Customs could try eating it as well... ;)

8:02 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Chris~ Thanks for the camera, you're a doll! If my 'Olympic Adventure' ends up with me laying prone on the floor, covered in a tangle of laceweight yarn, I'll make sure that the Pirate takes a pic and posts it to my blog... I'll put that in my Will.

I'd better not try mailing The Cat - if Customs ate her, they'd just find her sour and bitter and nasty, and then sue us for their tummy aches afterwards.

:D

10:05 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Mrs. Pao~ My iPhoto *claims* to have redeye correction and also something called Retouch. Neither works on the version I have.

I got several other programs (Sherlock, for instance) with my computer that DON'T WORK, so it wouldn't surprise me if my iPhoto is one of those. I can organize the photos, I can crop, I can click the little 'enhance' button to lighten the picture and adjust the brightness and contrast, but I can't correct for color, and the Retouch and Redeye functions don't do a blessed thing.

Ah, well, nothing's perfect.

The Cat is very scroofable, because her fur is very puffy (can you tell from the picture) and it is very soft, like bunny fur. But also because she gets so *very* disgruntled and huffy, while actually being a total sweetheart.

(well, other than that Floozy thing she does where she walks over to certain people and rubs against their legs, and then when they pet her she bites them... not hard, but it surprises them. that's not so sweet...)

10:14 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Katherine~ Send chocolates with that mild hint of almonds in them...

(but don't leave a return address on the package. or fingerprints.)

10:17 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Sis~ Yes, that's Banbha... she's not any rounder than when you saw her last, really, it's just that she gets poofier during the winter, her fur all sticks straight out from her body. She gets *very slightly* sleeker when the weather gets warmer. If I remember correctly, when you were here it was slightly warmer...

Though heaven knows it's truly bizarrely warm here for winter right now. It's been the mid to upper 30's for more than a week, and it actually got up into the 40's here at one point. A lot of students around here have been walking around outside with their shorts and t-shirts on!

Ooo, the pixie likes you!! 'bbdip'!

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed