February 01, 2006

Sleeping On the Job

I don't know why it's taken me so long to get some of you on my links section. I've been intending to do so for weeks, but somehow I keep wandering off vaguely in all directions, and never quite get back to it. It's shocking neglect on my part. My only excuse is that I have no brain... in fact, ever since I quit caffeine (the occasional chai latte or weak tea at the folks' doesn't count, does it?) I have a sort of black hole where my brain should be. A sort of Anti-Brain. My brain, like the Parrot in the Monty Python sketch, is pining for the fjords, it stuns easily, it is an Ex Brain.

I'll do what I can to alleviate the whole links section thing. Thank you for your patience.

In my defense, I'm not the only one sleeping on the job:















(The Pirate has begun reading this blog. What do you think my chances are of getting away with this?)


7 Comments:

Blogger mamatulip said...

LOL! It always takes me a very long time to get links and stuff up on my blog. It's one of those idiot things that you want to do but can't seem to find the time to do.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh oh, did you see the cute cartoon TB had up the other day about blogging? Sounds like it's going that way in your house... :)

6:17 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Great photo! Who's keeping who warm?

7:57 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

Chances... Slim. But what can he really do about it huh? BTW, you gave up COFFEE?! I'd rather give up my pinky toe or something.

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never developed a taste for coffee, but I doubt I could ever give up hot chocolate. True, it's not caffeinated, but it seem to have the same effect on me. Caffeine likes to play funny tricks with my mind...

2:17 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Is that you under there, I had to do a double take, it just looked like blankies and pillows with cat.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Chris~ TB?

DC~ That's the Pirate's two bionic arms, fuzzy chin and snoring mouth under there in the back, and his big ol' blankie-covered toes in the foreground. Don't tell him I told you so! :D

Katherine~ All too true. I think you're more on top of things than I am, though...

Mrs. Pao~ I'd say they're both keeping each others' hearts warm... but I'm not entirely sure that The Cat has one.
:D

Tink & LB~ I've given up coffee and (sob) caffeinated Coke. I still allow myself a cup of tea when I'm visiting with someone (although only herbal after 3pm), and I still allow myself a bit of chocolate now and then. But LB - chocolate *does* have caffeine, so don't indulge in *too* much of that hot chocolate!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed