February 10, 2006

Yo Ho Ho, and a Skein of Yarn

Shhhh! Don't tell the Pirate I told you...

After more than twenty years of harassment on my part and a great deal of joking at my expense and eye rolling on his, the Pirate has (drumroll) *offered to learn how to knit*!

I think he's very brave and very sweet, since I know he has no interest in any such thing and is only doing it to please me.

On the other hand, if he thinks this offer is going to eliminate the necessity of his having to write my annual Valentine's Day Poem, he can think again! He knows darn well that his offer won't be taken up for at least 3 weeks, given the intervening Olympic Event and subsequent Recovery Period.

Being all-too-familiar with my gnatlike attention span, he probably thinks that I will have forgotten his offer by then.

That's why I'm getting it down in writing. I know my fellow Midwest Teammates will remind me of his offer once we're all done with admiring each other's finished projects.

Isn't mutual support a wonderful thing?


7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Heh, everyone (Team Midwest or not) will remind him, need be!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

200 Brownie Points to the Pirate! What a great guy. You'll have to post a picture of the first thing he knits. Take it easy on him. :)

8:11 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Wow, that's big. Kinda like *me* offering to learn to knit. Way to go, Pirate.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Tink: Do you really think that taking a picture of his first knit product will be taking it *easy* on him? We'd better see what happens before we commit to that...
:D

Katherine: It *is* big, even more miraculous than you offering such a thing... because he has very little interest in the finished product, for the most part, and has suffered a certain amount of neglect and boredom on knitting's account. I really am not entirely sure why he is throwing himself beneath the bus in this way, but I'm not going to question it too much - that might jinx the whole thing.
;)

1:35 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Wow! Now that is commitment. pao's eyes grew wide when I told him this :)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee, mrspao, he's afraid you'll expect him to knit now!!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Mrs. Pao & Chris~ Hee, does this mean that Mr. Pao is suffering from performance anxiety? :D

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed