April 12, 2006

Update. Again.



Okay, here it is. So far. If you look semi-carefully, you can see where the Pirate experienced his broken wood needles and changed to Addi Turbo's. And then you can see where I discovered that he was choking up on the needles so hard that the cable was threatening to separate from the needles, and we replaced them with Skacel straights. I think we have a winner... he loves the Skacels, which shows a great flexibility on his part, since he feared at first that he wouldn't be able to handle their extra length.

I think the Pirate has amazingly even gauge for a beginner - it's the needles that are changing the width of the scarf, not the Pirate per se.

Don't you think he's doing most excellently? I think he's amazing!

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Go, Pirate! Really, it's thousands of times better than my first knitted efforts. Either he's gifted or you're a good teacher... or most likely both.

1:39 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Consider me impressed.

7:56 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

That looks brilliant and well done Pirate on being flexible!

11:48 PM  
Blogger pao said...

Wonder how long it will be until mrspao tries to get me knitting...

1:08 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

It is most excellent. Far better than my first efforts!

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mouth is agape at his work.
But I'd like to know what sound effect the Skacels make... :D

11:06 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

The Pirate much appreciates the comments, esp. those of Mr. Pao (and he had a beer in your honor). You guys are great - and a great help, as well. I'm not entirely sure the Pirate would have persisted in his efforts without the reassurance.

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed