March 16, 2006

Life Without Internet Access

I've been living without Internet access and without Pirate access for quite a while, and... well, I'm sure it's not quite as bad as having one's limbs cut off, but one certainly does feel isolated!

And it may happen again at the end of this week, as I have to go back to the folks' place to sit the dog and watch the house again. I hope you will be patient with me, and not feel neglected enough to desert me entirely. Believe me, I am truly missing you all!!

Here's some pics to show you what we've been up
to in MN - these were taken on Tuesday, when much of Sunday/Monday's snowfall had already melted. It's been snowing all Wednesday night and so far today it is still falling at a pretty good pace, so tomorrow I'll try to give you some comparison photos.... although it's warm, so this stuff will probably melt quickly. The snow is very wet, so although it doesn't look that thick, it's very heavy:



This is my folks' front yard, with our car in the driveway. That blob there is *not* a bush, it's a tree that has been bent double by the weight of the snow.



These are some trees in my folks' front yard. They are huge. Aren't they pretty?



This is the folks' back yard. The tree on the left actually split from the weight on that branch. That big branch on the right is also broken from the snow-weight, although it's still hanging from the tree. If you look closely, you can see a smaller branch that broke off early in the snowstorm (there was a lot of wind for part of it) and then got buried.



Here's our car right now, on my street. The snowflakes are too small and fast to register on my camera, but believe me, it's still coming down.

That ends our tour for now.

We will update tomorrow!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

We're into our second snow emergency of the week - how about you?

Really great pictures, too!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Yup, St. Paul went into official Snow Emergency mode last night, day plow routes during the day today. We're on a night plow route, so we are already plowed. Hooray!

4:08 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Wow! We never get anything snow as that. I'm glad you're back temporarily as I've missed you!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Thanks, I've missed you, too! :)

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed