March 01, 2006

100 Things About Me Part I

I have finished the one sock, and put it on... and decided that I love the yarn but hate the sock. I'm going to frog the entire thing and do something else with the yarn. Because I can. So there.

I don't know if I will be able to accomplish this meme, so I'm going to take it a bit at a time. Maybe I'm too boring to have 100 things to tell?

Here goes!

100 Things About Me

1. I am a collector. I collect stuff.

2. I also collect hobbies.

3. I collect Useless Bits of Knowledge, too.

4. Basically, if I were rich I'd build something like House On the Rock.

5. I love House on the Rock.

6. I had cancer during my pregnancy with the Vampire, and was pretty much house/bed-bound during much of the pregnancy.

7. I had 5 miscarriages after that, the last of which was in the beginning of the 2nd trimester. After that we decided we must have done it right the first time.

8. I'm a really good cook, even though I don't particularly enjoy cooking.

9. I do, however, enjoy reading recipes and collecting cook books.

10. I am incredibly picky.

11. I'm pretty much a pain in the ass about that, actually.

12. I'm okay with being a pain in the ass.

13. I homeschool the Vampire.

14. I have really wide feet. Really wide. Reeeeally w-i-d-e.

15. I have a knitting book that is worth $250 if you 'buy it now' on eBay. It's huge and I rarely use it, but I seem to be unable to bring myself to get rid of it. What if I need it later?

16. I have a copy of 'Lord of the Rings' that is worth nearly $1,000. Priceless in sentimental value. I'm keeping it.

17. I have in my lifetime had cats, gerbils, hamsters, turtles, fish of various sorts, snakes, and rats as pets. I've never had a dog.

18. I used to have a beautiful lute. The owner of the store that was selling it on consignment stole it when he sold the store.

19. I actually knew how to play the lute at one time, but not terribly well.

20. I also know how to play the flute, recorder, oboe, piccolo, and djembe (African drum).

21. I have no clue how to play the piano.

22. I am double jointed.

23. I once got a toy rabbit for the Vampire, then put it on a shelf and didn't give it to him because it was too cute to let him get it all grubby.

24. It's still sitting there.

25. I have Benign/Familial Tremor in my hands, and it's gradually getting worse. I drop things a lot. It keeps me from doing the arts/crafts that I used to do. It sucks. But I can still knit.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tink said...

13. I have deep respect for you. That takes a very dedicated Mom with A LOT of patience. :)

16. Why is it worth $1000?

Great beginning. I want more!

9:00 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

1. & 10. Me too. We had to clear out a lot of stuff to get our bedroom decorated but I was so picky about getting everything put away right, it took a long time.

15. & 16. Life isn't just about money. If you have an emotional attachment and happy memories come from something then just enjoy it!

25. You have my sympathy on that. My aunt has the same thing but she is now taking mild beta blockers for it which have improved her a lot.

More more more!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

15. I don't have an emotional attachment to this one per se... except my emotional attachment to being a packrat.

16. I do have an emotional attachment to this one. My dad got it for me during a period of time when he was rarely at home, and it is one of the few times he gave an indication that he ever thought of me except when he was annoyed about something. The cost has to do with the rarity and beauty of the edition.

25. I watched my grandfather gradually become completely non-functional with the condition, so it's a bit scary, but I just keep adjusting. My neurologist wants me to wait for as long as possible to start medicating, because she says that the drugs have a half-life, the sooner you go on them the sooner they stop being effective. Not to mention side effects, and I seem to have inherited my family's tendency to having rare and nasty side effects to neurological medications. :(

Maybe I should put that bit on my next Thing About Me! :D

11:48 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

1. Can you be a bit more specific? What 'stuff' do you collect?

6. Wow.

7. Wow. ((hugs))

12. LMAO.

13. Wow again. That's awesome. I'm truly impressed. :)

22. So am I, in my hands and feet.

I can't wait for more!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

1. See #5 (and the link) to get an idea...

I collect stuff, like I said. Books of several different genres (art, science, philosophy, humor, F/SF, mystery, victoriana, costuming, poetry, children's, cooking, history, historical fiction, regency, politics, how-to, etc). Glass figurines. Pottery. Jewelry. Tarot Cards. Musical Instruments. Artwork. Christmas Ornaments. Yarn. Recipes. CD's. Videos/DVD's. More Books. Games. Stuff that's pretty, stuff that's interesting, stuff that's weird, stuff that's fun, stuff that's stuff. Stuff!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, that is Stuff. :)

You are great at this, Eileen!! I need to get started on my list of 100, too. But until then - I definitely need to read more of your list.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hey, how is Bren doing?!

9:11 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Oh, okay. I didn't realize that was a link! Very cool. :)

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
Without much luck, I was searching for blogs about Art when I happened across yours. It's a cool blog. Evidently you like telling it like it is! I have a really great ebay website that is easy to use that you may like. If you get a chance, check it out www.licensedbrandsclub.com.

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed