March 09, 2006

Life, Interrupted

Entries are going to be spotty for a while, and I beg my Gentle Readers' pardon both in advance and otherwise, and ask for your indulgence. This is due to several sets of circumstances converging inconveniently, among which are:

The Vampire's schedule has suddenly become exceedingly busy and driving-intensive. Along with Fencing, Voice, Economics and Composition classes, he also has Schools On Stage (an excellent month-long program through the Guthrie) and rehearsals for the musical "Little Shop of Horrors", in which show he is performing as the voice of Audrey II, the cannibalistic plant/alien. As well as serving as general factotum and chauffeur, I have volunteered in several capacities for the production, and will be kept pretty darned busy both during and outside of rehearsal.

My grandmother, who currently resides in Chicago, will have to be moved to Minnesota and set up in a nursing home at the beginning of next week. This process will be both physically and emotionally taxing for her, as her health is exceedingly frail and her understanding largely unreliable at this point. There are various responsibilities that I hope to fulfill during this process, both here and in Chicago, which I expect will be time consuming and will take me away from home (and computer access) for extended periods of time.

I have to do our taxes.

We've been dealing with delicate life/emotional issues that have cropped up in the Vampire's life in the last couple weeks, and this has required a significant investment of emotional energy and of time. I'd like to add that the Vampire has handled these issues with a fair amount of grace and maturity, and I am proud to be his mother.

Hopefully these issues will resolve in part during the course of the next month, although "Little Shop of Horrors" will no doubt become more and more time consuming as Performance Time draws near. It's going to be great, though. If you live in the Twin Cities, keep an eye on the Theatrix link in my sidebar - you should definitely attend!



5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Wow, that's a lot on your plate! Hang in there...

4:53 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Congrats to the Vampire! What an impressive array of extracurricular activities. As a kid I'd always wanted to be in stuff like that.

((ME)) I hope you can destress soon. I'm sorry things are so crazy/difficult for you right now.

11:30 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Poor you - so much to do at the moment. Hope that it all goes smoothly for you and that you get a moment to relax amidst all of that.

Well done to the Vampire on his part in "Little Shop of Horrors". It is something I've always wanted to watch.

11:45 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

You do have a lot on your plate right now! I hope your grandmother's move goes well...and that the Vampire breaks a leg. Or a vocal chord. ;) I love "Little Shop of Horrors" -- "Feed me, Seymour! Feed me!" Congrats to him.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Wow, but what are you going to do with all that spare time?

Good luck with all of that stuff and I hope Vampire breaks a leg - figuratively speaking of course.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed