December 12, 2005

Knitting Tales: MidEvil

I wouldn't admit this, normally, but I am crazed by insomnia.

In part, I insist on taking verbal note whenever a great (or even passably interesting) sweater passes before me on silver screen or boob tube because I am a yarn hoarding, stitch envying, color obsessed, texture fixated knitting addict. Hey, Love is Love, people, and where I love I love big.

But in secret and perhaps somewhat larger part, I do it because it drives the Pirate and the Vampire insane. I am taking gleeful revenge for all the golf games I hear recounted stroke for stroke, and all the (weeks? months? years?) of accumulated time I have spent listening to arcane descriptions of trading card acquisitions and trading card-related anime battles.

And now that I've discovered the knitting blog community, I'm inflicting humorous knitting stories and jokes on my son. I excuse this abusive behavior on the basis that it is my job as a parent to teach him the virtue of patience.

And like any self-respecting Control Freak, I am happy in the knowledge that for once I am producing that glazed-over-eyes effect deliberately...

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Who could resist such sweet revenge?

I followed you over here based on your email to the TCSnB list about your sock yarn baby sweater. I have a vague obsession about finding the perfect sock yarn baby sweater pattern (I ramble on about it on my Dec 1 entry), so I'd love to see pictures of yours!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

You've found it, but it can be found in the 'Yuletide Knitting News' post on Nov. 6 - http://ravenseggs.blogspot.com/2005/11/knitting-tales-yuletide-knitting-news.html

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed