December 10, 2005

Family Tales: One More Day (More Or Less)...

... Until the Pirate's birthday. I won't say how old he'll be, or similar expectations might be held for moiself next September.

I haven't gotten a card yet, and am unsure as
to exactly how I am to get away from him tomorrow in order to obtain one. Not to mention some small yet meaningful token (I wish it could be more than a token, but if he's going to insist on having a birthday that butts up against the Yuletide Panic, what can he expect?)

Any suggestions?

DON'T suggest anything knit, whatever you do. I am starting to seriously panic about the likelihood of finishing those cousinly prezzie
s, I really am. Heck, I don't even know if the one (to-be-felted) oven mitt I've finished will felt down to something usable. The semi-finished version will probably go to my Auntie, because there's no way in heck I can do three more with that overly complicated snowflake pattern... it would take until after New Years to finish all four. So I had to go for a simpler pattern for the second... and I can't give something simpler to one cousin than another, for fear of seeming to play favorites, so now I have to add another cousin prezzie to the list of Christmas Projects.

Arrgh!
I may be spending a great deal of time and money on something that will end up a humiliating and distinctly un-Yulelike mess. What was I thinking??!!!!

Let us contemplate on something more pleasant. Ah, yes, here's something to cheer us up - a pic of the Vampire and his Lady Fair. Aren't they darling? And they're *likeable*, too!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed