January 15, 2006

Four!

I got tagged!


Four Jobs You've Had

1. Comedia Del'Arte actress for RenFest.
2. I didn't accept, but I once accidentally applied for a job as a scheduler for a 'Companion' service, and was offered the 'position'.
3. Owned a F/SF/Children's Book/Gift/Art store.
4. Counselor for local Sexual Violence Center.


Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over

1. Zefferelli's Romeo and Juliet
2. African Queen
3. Start the Revolution Without Me
4. Harold & Maude


Four Places You've Lived

1. In a friend's 'carriage house', where the mice had *colds* and exploded all night.
2. Next to the landlord's apartment - he practiced fencing in the hallway every day.
3. In an apartment where I called the landlady "That Woman"... she snuck into my apartment every day to close my windows and turn up my heat, I came home and opened all my windows and turned the heat down. Every day. Including weekends. She had to have been watching me so that she could run in the second I left the building. At least once she slipped in while I was collecting my laundry from the basement.
4. In the same room as my sister for 17 years, and for that I should still be getting Veteran's Benefits.


Four TV Shows You Love To Watch

1. Firefly (okay, it's not current, I don't care, I love it)
2. Gilmore Girls and the new 'Relations' - they should count as being the same: "Neurotic and fast-speaking gals with high IQ's squeak amusingly about their privileged lives"
3. Frontline, American Experience, Lehrer News Hour - PBS documentaries and news shows mostly Rock
4. Secrets of the Dead, Nova, Nova Science Now - the PBS science shows are an endless source of amusement, outrage, fascination and dread. Love 'em


Four of Your Favorite Books

1. anything at all by Jane Austen, but my softest spot is for Northanger Abbey
2. The Princess Bride, by William Goldman - You killed my boredom. Prepare to laugh.
3. The Collected Works of Robert Service, and/or Billy Collins - Sometimes only good poetry really hits the spot
4. The Golden Book of Fairy Tales, illustrated by Adrienne Segur - the stories are well chosen and well told, and the illustrations are awe-inspiring. A poll by Terri Windling (author and editor of many collections of fantastic fiction) found that this book has inspired more of our modern Fantasy writers and artists than any other. There's a reason for that.


Four Places You've Been On Vacation

1. Europe (3 months - Scotland, England, Ireland, France, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, not in that order)
2. Canada (Vancouver, Toronto)
3. The Boundary Waters (Canada & MN)
4. All over the US, except the southern coastal states, California, Alaska and Hawaii.


Four Websites You Visit Daily

1. Lots of blogs
2. My Aspergers/Homeschooling Board
3. Google
4. Wikipedia


Four of Your Favorite Foods

1. Bouja (no, you *don't* know what I mean) and potato dumplings
2. Indian, specifically Tandoori chicken with raita, or my curried chicken
3. French, esp. seafood and/or escargots
4. Tea with milk, accompanied by fyrstekake


Four Places You Would Rather Be Right Now

1. Walking on the Irish seacoast, in a nice fresh breeze, wearing a handknit sweater
2. Sitting at a sidewalk cafe in Paris, watching people go by
3. Walking at random in the Art Institute of Chicago (the Louvre wouldn't be bad, either)
4. In the Ordway, watching Les Mis... oh, wait, I'm doing that on the 28th... (gloating? me?)


Four Bloggers You Are Tagging

1. Sis, who doesn't blog but should
2. Tink
3. Mrs. Pao
4. Anne, who doesn't blog but I'd like to know the answers

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Um. how did you "accidentally" apply for that job?!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

"In a friend's 'carriage house', where the mice had *colds* and exploded all night." LMAO. I had to read that twice. OK, I'm reading it over again. Yup, same strange mental image. Thanks for the tag. I'll post it tomorrow when the Monday drain-fest at work is over. ;)

10:09 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

LOL Chris, that's what I wondered, too!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Notice she's not answering? Hmmm. ;)

11:50 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I have never heard of a landlady who turns down the heating. I had a landlady who would turn down the heating but never up! I'm also intrigued by the mice with colds. Eileen, do tell!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Mrs. Pao~ She was quite old, and very nosy. I think she lived through the rest of us, and couldn't really imagine that anyone wouldn't feel the cold in the same way that she did. I also think turning up the heat gave her an excuse to snoop around my apartment. It was creepy, and so was she, but the apartment was in a really great neighborhood and was very nice for the price, so I put up with it for a while... and then moved to the carriage house with the exploding mice.

I only lived there for a few months, while I saved money for a better place. I had trouble sleeping, because of the sneezing and rustling all night, but I was young and soft-hearted, so my 'solution' to the problem was to catch the stupid things by hand and carry them a few blocks away to the commercial district and leave them with a little pile of Grape Nut cereal. I'm pretty sure that from this they learned that I was a Sucker of major proportions, so of course they just came back... and brought their friends.




:D

4:13 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Chris~ I answered a listing in the paper for a 'receptionist/secretary' - it wasn't until I was there and they were showing me the ropes, so to speak, that I realized what exactly they were up to. Again, at the time I was young and soft-hearted, so I listened very politely, thanked them for the interview... and then skedaddled as quickly as my legs could carry me!

I'm pretty sure the gals there were having a great time, watching my reaction and attempts to hide it 'nicely', and probably had a huge laugh afterwards at my expense. I probably would have, in their place... :D

4:17 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Tink~ I look forward to seeing yours! :)

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed