January 03, 2006

The Drier Doesn't Just Eat Socks

I can’t understand it.

I know for a fact that within the last month I have twice noted that my deodorant was getting on the low side, and I have twice bought new sticks during random trips to Target Boutique. On one of those trips I actually bought TWO sticks. Somehow in the intervening time, ALL THREE sticks have disappeared. I’m pretty sure that the first one didn’t even make it out of the bag.

This would be marginally understandable if either of the men in my household (or The Cat) used Dove Sensitive Skin deoderant, but they don’t. They are Old Spice kinda guys (except The Cat – she uses Eau de Tuna).

Today I ran out of even the Dregs of the stick on my shelf… which inspired a desperate search similar to those depicted in the Indiana Jones movies. I wedged myself beneath the couch (“Indiana Jane and the Temple of Dust Bunnies”). I looked in the refrigerator (stop laughing – if you live in Minnesota and don’t keep your deodorant in the fridge during the summer, you are missing one of the simple joys in life). I looked in the box that holds our Christmas Ornaments (remembering that Target Bag, and thinking it may have been ‘misplaced’ during our flying pre-Susan cleanup). I turned the bathroom and my bedroom upside down and shook them.

No deodorant.

Does anyone have a clever idea? Other than going out into the ice and snow in order to buy a fourth stick, I mean?

Please send help… I just had to improvise, and although I love my husband, I don’t particularly enjoy smelling like him. Not to mention the laughability of linking me with anything remotely related to “Pure Sport”.

6 Comments:

Blogger mamatulip said...

LOL. No advice, as I wear mens deoderant. But I gotta tell ya, you're bang-on about putting deoderant in the fridge. What a fabulous idea.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

I won't tell you how I came up with the idea then... I rather fancy having a reputation as a font of fabulous ideas (rather than keeping the one I've got of being spectacularly absent-minded)!

["geberm", that's a good one... the pixie is pleased with me today)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Poop, you're almost on to the wormhole between your house and my condo that's funnelling that Dove Sensitive Skin over here. Thanks! Yer saving me a bundle at Targay Boutique!

Oh for pete's sake: lxidvgmo

4:23 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

J'ACCUSE!!!

Actually, that explains a LOT of things that have been happening around here lately.

I'd better go apologize to The Cat...

11:24 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

(actually, would that technically be 'Je t'accuse?' Been too long since I've traded blows with a native of Quebec. Maybe I should get up a good catfight with the Vampire's voice teacher, she's a transplant...)

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This happens to us all the time.
That's why in the States I would buy them in boxes at Sam's Club. This, of course, resulted in 6 partially-used lost sticks of deodorant, but I digress.
Typical places: set down on surfaces in the living room and kitchen. Bathroom cupboards/shelves. Mistakenly thrown out. Also check window sills, kids' bedrooms, the car (glove compartment, car floor). I remember stashing deodorant in my drawers with my underwear when I was very young...made sense, because it was the thing you put on right after you put your bra on. :)
zzuznnh - I have heard people make that noise when they snore. I'm sure some of these are real words, in some dimension, in some place, some time.

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed