January 02, 2006

Tagged II

The delightfully evil Chris has done it again, and I *still* don't know enough bloggers independent of herself (she tagged more than 5 people, too, which adds insult to injury) to fully obey the rules of the game. I will count myself as one of her 'extras', so that I won't feel bad about somehow killing the Gauntlet.

Here is my list of 5 , as requested.

5 Weird Things About Me:

1. I dropped out of high school on Principle (I wanted a better education), got the Parent Advisory Committee disbanded by the School Board (I got them to want a better education for their kids), never got a h.s. degree, but still managed to get into college.

2. One of my Comfort Foods is peanut butter and bread-and-butter pickle sandwiches. Go ahead, try it. It's goooooood...

3. I love to argue, but I hate conflict.

4. I share musical tastes with my entire family. Which doesn't sound that weird, until you note that this includes: Classical, Celtic,
Latin, Folk, Jazz, Country, Indie, Metal (this one's limited for me, I admit), Blues, Reggae, Ethnic Rock/Pop, Opera, many types of Alternative, Emo, Gospel, Musical Theater... I could go on, but the list gets too long. And I managed to pass this taste (or lack thereof) on to the Vampire. Yay, me!

5. My Teenager thinks I'm Cool. Think about that.


7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Heh.

I dropped out of high school/ran away from home when I was almost 17. Got into college without the degree, then did the Post-Secondary Enrollent Option and got my HS diploma in June 1987 from a HS I never attended... and got my AA in Liberal Arts in May 1987. Doesn't that look odd on a resume...

10:01 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Chris~ I definitely bow to your superior Rebel status!
:)

I consider that whole process 'weird' because I did a non-traditional thing (staging protests and then dropping out) for a ultra-traditional reason (I was trying to get the college prep courses reinstated at my high school). The resulting Culture War is too long a story to get into here, but it was an extremely surreal experience... and I learned a lot from it. Probably the most significant learning I accomplished during those high school years, actually!

Katherine~ pehxq. I'm definitely back in with that pesky pixie...

10:19 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

So, lemmie get this straight. Peanut butter, bread, butter and pickles? All together? In a sandwich?

11:08 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

No... although my grandfather... but no.

Bread (white bread, preferably the squooshy cottage-style type - it's got to feel bad for you to qualify as Comfort Food), with peanut butter and bread-and-butter pickle slices. Bread-and-butter is a type of 'sweet' pickle, rather than a dill.

Trust me. >;)

11:38 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Oh! Forgot to add:

This is, of course, best if the sandwich is made by folding the bread in half over the filling, rather than by placing the filling between two slices of bread.

Don't ask me why. It just is.

the pixie is not in favor of me stating something this obvious: favfgucp

11:43 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Okay. So you take some bread, which I'm assuming is like, Wonder bread -- bread that I like to call 'plastic bread', spread some peanut butter on it and then add bread-and-butter pickles. I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter...but I love, love, LOVE bread and butter pickles. I love pickles; my family's history is in pickles. For real.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Cool! You should write about that on your blog, I'd love to read about it!

Wonder bread is okay, 'cottage style' is a little squooshier, but yeah, you've got the idea.

The pickles and the peanut butter are a sum-is-better-than-its-parts combo. Convince your kids that it's absolutely disgusting, make faces while eating it... and they'll LOVE it. :D

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed