July 26, 2006

Where Were We?

The weather is sabotaging all our efforts to start up the Pirate's new project. We have gotten stuck at the Guage Swatch. It's simply too hot for the poor man to muster sufficient enthusiasm for the idea of having a Nice Warm Hat... not enough, at any rate, to inspire him to overcome his new-found loathing for Purling.

I've tried to explain that purling really isn't too bad once you get the rhythm of it (I hate it myself, when I'm doing seed stitch or ribbing, but don't mind a nice long row of it). But it's so hot and muggy that doing enough knitting with his nice, fuzzy worsted to get into a rhythm is beyond the Pirate's ability to cope. And as our temps start their climb back towards triple digits again, I can't say I blame him.

Does anyone have a pattern for a nice Air Conditioner... in garter stitch?


4 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

Tis hot hot hot here too. Just finished quite a thick heavy project to my relief. Back to lightweights again! Phew.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Does anyone have a pattern for a nice Air Conditioner... in garter stitch?"

--No, but I have one for a very fuzzy air conditioner cozy.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Where Were We ?" -

- Where are you ? Hope everything's okay.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Well, it's hideously humid still - but cooler! And raining! Hopefully the Pirate finds his knitting mojo again.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed